- May I know what these pollutants are?
- There are six major ones: carbon monoxide, nitrogen, dioxide, sulfur dioxide, lead, particulates, and total oxidants.
- How do these pollutants get into the air, sir?
- Here in Metro Manila, motor vehicles are the dominant sources of pollution. Our study shows that diesel-fueled vehicles are the primary sources of the particulate matter. Gasoline powered vehicles, on the other hand, are the main sources of land pollutants.
- It's my first time to hear about particulate matter. What is it, sir?
- Particulate matter is made up of all sorts of tiny particles in the air, like dust and the ashfall from Mt. Pinatubo. What we see coming out of ''smoke-belching'' jeepneys and buses are, in fact, millions of tiny pieces of burnt oil and fuel.
Kase kalahati ng 6 ay 3 so it must be 50 percent
Because half of 6 is 3 :p